Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Who is ITSROX?

Who is itsrox?  Well, that name has a story in and of itself.
Back in 1989, when Dad took me to the Toyota dealer and bought me a brand spankin’ new pearlized burgundy Tercel (and I continued by putting the Inky rims, booming Pioneer sound system, and moon roof on it, y’all remember how it used to be in LA) I wanted something that would further set it apart from all the others Tercels.  A license plate.  A vanity plate, as they call them.  But what would it say?
I went over all options, obsessively ran it by all my friends, and then settled on itsrox.  That was simple enough, but in my opinion, it spoke volumes.
Here I am y’all.
It is Roxanne.
Hell, Los Angeles is a big city, but still, my plate made a name for me.  When I had the Jeep, for example, way back in 1992 (and two years before I would officially meet him), I was at a barbeque when a then unknown Errol (who today is my husband) said to me, “You’re the one with the white Wrangler, right?  I see you driving down Slauson all the time”.  True story. 
Talk about preceding yourself!!
Fast forward 21 years, 2500 miles away from my beloved hometown and with kids and family and dog and job and school and responsibility and LIFE, it is with me even now.  ITSROX is still displayed proudly on my little SUV.
My ace still looking out for my backside. 
Over the last few years I have contemplated blogging and the such.  I knew what I wanted it to be (talk about relationships, family, sex, love, lust, health, fashion, trends, and whatever the hell else I felt like talking about), what I didn’t want it to be (gossip about entertainers, pictures of famous folks, free music downloads, etc.) but I didn’t have a name.  Then I was nervous about…stupid stuff.  Self-doubt is a bee-yotch, let me tell you.  I promise you I could talk myself out of even the most deserved yelling, back-scratching, leg-shaking, dizzy from holding your breath type orgasm. 
Just ridiculous.  
But I think itsrox is perfect, don’t you?
I mean, what else embodies me?
So that’s what we got here. 
itsrox.
I like to talk.  I LOVE to write.  Like most women, I have an opinion.  I sometimes sit at my desk with no less than twenty topics floating through my head, and this is the outlet that I needed to express them. 
Don’t you sometimes just wanna say, “Fuck it.” or “Am I tripping?”   You know the best sex positions?  Did your boss rub you the wrong way?  You got a bomb recipe for Macaroni and Cheese?  Your hairstylist jack your hair up?  Do your kids get on your nerves?   Do you love your job?  Your side piece got out of pocket?  Were you inspired by something?  You want your own Amen corner?  You looking for somebody to call you on your own bullshit…we gon’ do all that here. 
FINALLY, an outlet for any and everything you need. 
Come here often and I promise there will be a little bit of something here for everybody.  Once a week for now, with a little bit of extra goodness on the sides.  (I’m still feeling it out, but there’s gonna be good stuff!)  Eventually, when life gets out of the way, my website will be up and running.  But until then, this is what we got.  A blog spot.  A spot to blog. 
Well alright.
Tell everybody. 
Y’all don’t be shy, we all family, right?  And we’re all grown.  Come on out and play. 

This is gonna be fun…..**devilish grin**

itsrox

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rox... You know I had to come over and check out your blog. I have had this blog for a long time but never really took time to use it until... my husband said -you neeeeeed to go write all that stuff down and stop talk to me. Well damn, there we go. Can't wait to read what you have to say cus I swear it's like I'm on the phone with you when I'm reading your blog. See on the YT and now Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Alright! Alright! Alright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get a current blog from you. You are one of those people that I love to listen to talk. You have such a great sense of humor and I see that in your writing and YT videos.

    ReplyDelete